- "All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."
―Edgar Allan Poe
- “There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
- We live between the act of awakening and the act of surrender. Each morning, we awaken to the light and the invitation to a new day in the world of time; each night, we surrender to the dark to be taken to play in the world of dreams where time is no more.
- “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.”
― Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man
- “Look at how a single candle can both defy and define the darkness.”
- “Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody.”
- “Into the darkness they go, the wise and the lovely. ”
- I think I appear very innocent and soft, but I'm actually very dark and edgy. It's a weird dichotomy
- My sorrow, when she's here with me, thinks these dark days of autumn rain are beautiful as days can be; she loves the bare, the withered tree; she walks the sodden pasture lane.
- “A man must dream a long time in order to act with grandeur, and dreaming is nursed in darkness.”
- “It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
It lies behind stars and under hills,
And empty holes it fills,
It comes first and follows after,
Ends life, kills laughter.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
- The sacred duty of being an individual is to gradually learn how to live so as to awaken the eternal within you.
― John O'Donohue
- “Time takes it all whether you want it to or not, time takes it all. Time bares it away, and in the end there is only darkness. Sometimes we find others in that darkness, and sometimes we lose them there again.”
― Stephen King